Antoine Fuqua directs this modern take on the classic 1960s Western. With the small town of Rose Creek under seige from the evil, corrupt businessman Bartholomew Bogue (Peter Sarsgaard), the residents seek the help of bounty hunter Sam Chisolm (Denzel Washington) to fight and help save their town. Joined by six other loyal men - gambler Josh Farraday (Chris Pratt), shooter Goodnight Robicheaux (Ethan Hawke), tracker Jack Horne (Vincent D'Onofrio), assassin Billy Rocks (Byung-hun Lee), warrior Red Harvest (Martin Sensmeier) and outlaw Vasquez (Manuel Garcia-Rulfo) - Chisolm sets a plan in motion to defend the lives of the good people of Rose Creek.
BONUS DISC - SEVEN TALES OF MAKING THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN
A unique perspective on the making of this epic film, seven tales that will take you inside the world of the movie. Woven together with graphic and narrative elements to create the feel of an anthology of stories, be immersed in every detail of how the film was crafted by Director Antoine Fuqua and his cast & crew.
- WHY WE WANT TO BE COWBOYS Dives into why this cast loves the genre and realized a lifetime dream by strapping on six guns, climbing on a horse and living the Old West for a few months.
- FASTEST GUN IN THE WEST Explores the process of gun training and how master armourer and fast draw expert Thell Reed taught the Seven to shoot.
- THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN RIDE Takes us on horseback with the gang as they ride the trails of New Mexico. We will also get a hilarious tour of the Phony Pony from Chris Pratt.
- BUILDING ROSE CREEK Follows Production Designer Derek Hill on the massive task of designing and building the Western town that the film is set in. Complete with drone footage of the final accomplishment.
- THE MAN IN BLACK Costume Designer Sharen Davis created the unique looks of Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt and the rest of the Seven. Here, we get an inside look at the modern Western style of the wardrobe, from Faraday’s carefree “dirty-sexy” apparel, to Horn’s secluded mountain-man look, to Billy Rock’s unique gun belt.
- THE LEGEND OF THE WESTERN STUNTMAN The men who assembled to do the stunts and action for the movie were a collection of cowboy legends. We’ll watch them attack the 600+ saddle falls, the shootouts and the fights.
- A MAGNIFICENT HISTORY The guys take a look back at the 1960 iteration of The Magnificent Seven (and perhaps its sequels), and discuss the original versions of their characters, plot elements that have been updated for a modern audience, and the themes of the original that resonate to this day.