An apocalyptic vision pushes a group of rabbits to abandon their warren in search of a new home, in this landmark British animation.
Richard Adams’ timeless novel is brought brilliantly to life as Hazel, Fiver and Bigwig tackle the brutal realities of the rural world - and mankind’s devastating impact on it - as they lead their colony to the utopian Watership Down.
Newly restored in 4K by the BFI and Silver Salt Restoration, using the original 35mm negative and stereo audio tracks, this landmark animation is presented in Ultra High Definition for the very first time.
Featuring an acclaimed voice cast (including John Hurt and Denholm Elliott), a powerful score by composer Angela Morley and the hit single ‘Bright Eyes’ by Art Garfunkel, Watership Down is a thrilling tale of adventure, courage and resilience that continues to enthral new and old audiences alike.
- Defining a Style (2005): short featurette about the film’s aesthetic
- A Conversation with the filmmakers (2005)
- Storyboard comparison
- Super 8 version of the film
- TV Spots
- Newly created optional English subtitles for the Deaf and partial hearing
- Newly created audio description track
- Double-sided poster featuring the original UK quad and the 2022 re-release artwork
- A set of four postcards featuring iconic scenes from the film
- Perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by Jez Stewart and Catherine Lester
- Newly commissioned sleeve art by Andrew Bannister