The final feature by Sidney Gilliat, Endless Night capped a career that encompassed screenplays for Alfred Hitchcock and Carol Reed, the anarchic St. Trinian's comedies, and his own directorial gems such as mystery-thriller Green for Danger.
Adapting Agatha Christie's celebrated novel of the same name, the film reunites the co-stars of cult classic Twisted Nerve, Hywel Bennett (The Virgin Soldiers) and Hayley Mills (Take a Girl Like You), and boasts an impressive supporting cast including Britt Ekland (The Wicker Man), Per Oscarsson (A Dandy in Aspic) and George Sanders (All About Eve).
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
Limited edition of 3,000 copies
- New 4K restoration
- Original mono audio
- The BEHP Interview with Sidney Gilliat (1990): an archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring the renowned writer and director in conversation with Roy Fowler and Taffy Haines
- The John Player Lecture with Bernard Herrmann (1972): the celebrated composer in conversation at London's National Film Theatre
- New interview with actor Hayley Mills (2020)
- Bernard in Britain (2020): appreciation of Bernard Herrmann's 'British period' by author and historian Neil Sinyard
- Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
- Theatrical trailer
- New English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive 36-page booklet with a new essay by Anne Billson, Frank Launder and Sidney Gilliat on Endless Night, an archival interview with Gilliat, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
- UK premiere on Blu-ray
*All extras subject to change