Against company policy, plant breeder Alice takes home a newly created species as a gift for her teenage son, Joe. They christen it 'Little Joe' but as it grows, so too does Alice's suspicion that her new creations may not be as harmless as their nickname suggests
from visionary director Jessica Hausner (Lourdes), Little Joe is a cool, witty and unsettling sci-fi starring Emily Beecham (Daphne, Into the Badlands) and Ben Whishaw (Skyfall, Paddington).
***FIRST PRESSING ONLY*** Fully illustrated booklet with new writing on the film and full film credits
- Presented in Standard Definition and High Definition
- Jessica Hausner in Conversation (2020, 37 mins): the director and co-writer of Little Joe talks to Geoff Andrew about the film and her career to date, recorded at BFI Southbank
- Emily Beecham on Little Joe (2020, 2mins): the Little Joe star talks about her character and what influenced both the film and her own performance
- Cast and crew Q&A (2019, 17 mins): Jessica Hausner, co-screenwriter Geraldine Bajard and costume designer Tanja Hausner are joined by actors Emily Beecham and Kerry Fox for a post-screening talk hosted by Geoff Andrew at the 2019 London Film Festival
- The Birth of a Flower (1910, 8 mins): Percy Smith's mesmerising early time-lapse film captures the poerty of flowers as they open their petals to the light