With numerous interpretations of Gaston Leroux’s classic novel The Phantom of the Opera having been turned out over the years, it was only a matter of time before the slasher genre decided to take a stab at the tale – step forward 1989’s Phantom of the Mall: Eric’s Revenge!
High school sweethearts Eric Matthews and Melody Austin are so in love, but their youthful romance is cut tragically short when Eric apparently dies in a fire that engulfs his family home. One year later and Melody is trying to move on with her life, taking up a job at the newly built Midwood Mall along with her friends. But the mall, which stands on the very site of Eric’s former home, has an uninvited guest – a shadowy, scarred figure which haunts its airducts and subterranean passageways, hellbent on exacting vengeance on the mall’s crooked developers.
Directed by Richard Friedman (Scared Stiff, Doom Asylum), and featuring star turns from Pauly Shore and Morgan Fairchild, Phantom of the Mall: Eric’s Revenge swoops onto Blu-ray™ in an extras-packed edition which proves that Arrow Video’s love for ’80s slasher fare never dies!
LIMITED EDITION 2-DISC BLU-RAY CONTENTS
DISC ONE – THE THEATRICAL CUT (BLU-RAY)
- Three versions of the feature: Original Theatrical Cut, TV Cut and bonus Integral Fan Cut!
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed mono audio on all cuts
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on all cuts
- 60-page fully-illustrated perfect-bound book featuring new writing by Daniel Budnik and Amanda Reyes
- Large fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourn
- Six postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
- Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourn
DISC TWO – THE TV & INTEGRAL FAN CUTS (BLU-RAY)
- Brand new 2K restoration of the Original Theatrical Cut from original film elements (90 mins)
- Brand new audio commentary with director Richard Friedman, moderated by filmmaker Michael Felsher
- Brand new audio commentary with disc producer Ewan Cant and film historian/author Amanda Reyes
- Shop Til’ You Drop!: The Making of Phantom of the Mall – brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with director Richard Friedman, screenwriters Scott Schneid and Tony Michelman, actors Derek Rydall and Gregory Scott Cummins, filmmaker Tony Kayden and special make-up effects creator Matthew Mungle
- The Vandals Go to the Mall - an interview with Joe Escalante of The Vandals on the creation of the Phantom of the Mall theme song
- Alternate and Deleted Scenes from the TV Cut
- Domestic and International Trailers
- Image Gallery
- Scott J. Schneid and Tony Michelman's original script and associated special effects storyboards by Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff, Jr. [BD-ROM Content]
- Brand new 2K restoration of the TV Cut with Standard Definition inserts for the footage unique to this version (89 mins)
- Integral Fan Cut combining footage from both the Original Theatrical and TV Cuts for the ultimate Phantom of the Mall experience! (96 mins)