A BROKEN HEART WAS BAD ENOUGH.
Ten years into his small-town romance with Abby (Brea Grant, A Ghost Story), bartender Hank (Jeremy Gardner, Bliss) wakes up alone in an empty home with nothing but a cryptic parting note for company. As Hank drinks himself into heartbreak and depression, Abby s sudden departure soon becomes the least of his concerns as a mysterious monster starts clawing at his door on a nightly basis.
As the threat outside his door intensifies, Hank calls on Abby s police officer brother Shane (Justin Benson, Synchronic) and best friend Wade (Henry Zebrowski, The Wolf of Wall Street) for help, but with no trace of the monster and his behaviour becoming more erratic his friends remain unconvinced of the creature lurking outside and Hank slips further into his own paranoia and loneliness.
Expertly directed by Jeremy Gardner and Christian Stella (Tex Montana Will Survive!) and co-produced by the team behind Spring and The Endless, After Midnight is a twisted genre-bending gem with mesmerising performances and sublime cinematography about breaking up, moving on and facing your monsters both real and imaginary.
TWO-DISC SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
DISC ONE: AFTER MIDNIGHT
- Limited to 2,500 units
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations of After Midnight and Jeremy Gardner s first feature, The Battery available on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Reversible sleeve with a choice of artwork designs
- Reversible fold-out poster
- Limited edition collector s booklet containing new writing on After Midnight by William Dass and an archive piece on The Battery by Jeremy Gardner
DISC TWO: THE BATTERY
- Original 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo audio soundtracks
- Audio commentary with directors Christian Stella and Jeremy Gardner
- Lakeland Florida Q&A, featuring Stella, Gardner, actors Ashley Song, Nicola Masciotra and Taylor Zaudtke, script supervisor Elise Stella and 2nd assistant director Juan Ortiz
- Pitching Something Else , Stella and Gardner pitch the character of Wade to Henry Zebrowski. Featuring an intro by producer Aaron Moorhead
- Self-Interview While Self-Quarantined During the Coronavirus Outbreak, brand new interview with actor and producer Justin Benson, recorded exclusively for this release
- Brea and Barak find Fantastic Fest Scooters, actors Brea Grant and Barak Hardley hunt down scooters following the Fantastic Fest screening of After Midnight
- Behind-the-scenes featurette
- Behind-the-scenes image gallery
- Official international and UK trailers
- Original stereo audio
- Audio commentary featuring writer, director and actor Jeremy Gardner, producer and actor Adam Cronheim and director of photography Christian Stella
- The Making of The Battery, feature-length 90-minute documentary on the making of the film
- Featurette on the music of The Battery
- Theatrical trailer