A stunning new 4K restoration from The Film Foundation and The Academy of Roger Corman's 1964 classic THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH. This is the first ever fully uncut, extended version of the film to be available. Vincent Price stars as evil Prince Prospero who sells his soul to the devil and then enjoys the latter's patronage by living the most decadent and lavish lifestyle he can manage. He derides even more pleasure from the perverse satisfaction he takes in seeing his impoverished subjects fall victim to a painful and devastating plague that is sweeping the land. Based on the short stories of Edgar Allen Poe, the film also stars Hazel Court and Jane Asher.
- NEW: Colour and Censorship in The Masque of The Red Death - Interview With Keith Johnston
- NEW: Audio Commentary With Kim Newman and Sean Hogan
- Roger Corman: In Conversation with Kim Newman at The BFI
- Behind The Scenes Stills Gallery
- Booklet written film preservationist at The Academy Tessa Idelwine